Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Laundering Pets: A Money Saving Tip


Ed Note: WFTG does not advocate the practice below. The SPCA is a good organization whose resources should not be needlessly depleted, and in fact, feel free to donate to compensate for your fellow unemployed's transgression. With that said, I have to give it up for ingenuity.



To: PetFriendlyPauper
From: YetAnotherMouthToFeed
Subject: Abdul

I told you about that cat, right? The one that everyone keeps passing around saying he's an asshole? Well, I agreed to foster him for a while, and actually think he's great. But of course, none of his previous foster parents bothered to get him vaccinated, etc. I called around, and even at PetSmart it'll cost close to $200 for visit, testing, shots, neutering. I can afford his monthly upkeep, but not the upstart cost. So I got an idea. I surrendered him to the SPCA, where they'll take care of all that, and I can buy him back for $20. A 90% discount!!

But here's the catch. As I'm the one who dropped him off, I can't be the one to adopt him back. Figuring that you're unemployed, too, and have the time, feel like adopting my cat for me next week? I'll pay your bus fare.


Unemployed? Watching your co-workers get picked off one-by-one? Finding yourself roped into your deadbeat friends' increasingly desperate and manic shenanigans? Pass your story or links along to workingforthegovernment@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment