Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

CaptainResponsibility: hey
TwiceBitten
: hello
CaptainResponsibility: how is everything with you; I never heard from you again after your bad afternoon last week
TwiceBitten: oh
ha
i went on a big bender
even got in a bar fight. my first one!
CaptainResponsibility: probably well deserved
NO WAY!
really?
TwiceBitten: yeah :)
CaptainResponsibility: you threw hands?
TwiceBitten: no
but he lunged at me
people grabbed him and threw him out
CaptainResponsibility: IT WAS A DUDE?
TwiceBitten: yeah
CaptainResponsibility: did you slap his mother or something?
TwiceBitten: he wouldn't stop yammering about the economy. having lost two jobs that day, i was not in the mood to hear it
(he was loudly blabbering all of this to the bar in general)
so i politely ask that he stop, saying that we're all out to have a good time and don't want to think about that stuff
so he got all riled up like, 'what do you know about the economy, you don't know shit, blah blah blah blah..."
like yelling and shit
and i kept asking him to chill and let the economy go. finally he was like, 'what do you know? WHAT DO YOU KNOW? what do yyyoooouuuuu do for a living?"
which was a pretty sensitive issue for me at the moment
and i kinda lost it, "WHAT DO I DO FOR A LIVING? I TELL GUYS LIKE YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
fortunately people had been watching the whole thing, grabbed him, and showed him the door
CaptainResponsibility: God, that's awesome
I wish I'd been there
TwiceBitten: the funny thing is that he bartends somewhere else and now i can't go there anymore :)
unfair
CaptainResponsibility: you found that out after?
TwiceBitten: yeah
CaptainResponsibility: shitty
TwiceBitten: and then THAT bartender flagged him for the bar where it happened
i started an interbar war
CaptainResponsibility: hahahah - that's great
TwiceBitten: sorta
the guy really did need to shut the fuck up, though
so needless to say, there were a rough couple of days there, but things are better now
CaptainResponsibility: I believe it
TwiceBitten: how was the bachelor party?
CaptainResponsibility: I don't even think I'm prepared to discuss it yet
I have NEVER in my life felt as bad as I did on Monday...
it took until Thursday before I felt like I just had a really bad hangover
no voice for 3 days,
TwiceBitten: yeah, even your facebook status sounded unhealthy
CaptainResponsibility: it's was a catastrophic debacle
I'll fill you in more but I have to go get hated on/potentially fired in a staff meeting right now...
I'll be back in a hour or so;
TwiceBitten: have fun!
CaptainResponsibility is offline. Messages you send will be delivered when he comes online.
TwiceBitten: you still employed?
CaptainResponsibility: at the moment, yes
no telling what tomorrow will bring
let's just say careerbuilder and monster aren't far down my list of recently visited websites
TwiceBitten: smart man. beats my strategy of buying an ipod and bike, and signing a lease for a place i couldn't afford with my job
then again, you did just have a kid and purchase a Rolex. we might be too white for this economy.


Unemployed? Watching your co-workers get picked off one-by-one? Finding yourself roped into your deadbeat friends' increasingly desperate and manic shenanigans? Pass your story or links along to workingforthegovernment@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment